Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

smart dimension, resize sketch problem.

Phizinza

So I'm trying to resize this sketch. The two horizontal lines I want to be shorter. Problem is when I resize them it leaves one angle line still and moves the other one closer. Where I want them both to move the same amount into the middle. I would think this to be a very easy thing to do but I just can't figure it out and as I've had no training in Solidworks I figure I'm just missing something. Anyone know what I'm talking about and can you help?

dimension_directions.jpg

I see you used Convert Entities to reference the angled lines. Normally when this is done the line is fully defined and matches the original length. After using Convert Entities you can drag the end point of the lines up from the base and draw the bottom horizontal line later. This removes the length value from the convert but maintains the on edge constraint.

I believe when you are dragging the line up it's not letting you override the Convert Entity relation and is causing the problem. Another thing to try would be to make the 3.6 dimension a driven dim and try resizing the sketch by dragging.

Another thing to try is the Stretch Entities function in using 2009 you can select the group and move it up by a delta in y direction and maintain the 3.6 dimension.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back