Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dimensions/cross sections in drawings

todd1000

Im doing some drawings of flanges for a company and need to present them with just a cross section drawing of each part. The problem is when I createa section view from a part in the drawing, I then can'terase the originalpart that i got the section from without the section also being erased. Is it possible to get around this or can this not be fixed? Also I have being trying to dimension the drawings but I can't get the dimensions to show in any other colour than grey and I need them black to look right. Any ideawhat I'm doing wrong?Any help is much appreciated.

To solve the colours go to TOOLS -> Options... Under "System Options" tab, click "Colors" then, In "Color scheme settings" make your custom settings.

For the first questions can be more answers. The easy is:

Pull the original part out of the paper. Then: File -> Save As -> and choose PDF format. (of course you can choose JPG format or other popular formats).

Close the drawing without save and your drawing will not be modified.

Good luck !

I would just drag the view from which the section is taken off of the drawing sheet so that it won't print.

Your dims are grey because they are driven. You can set them to black as a system option in Tools/Options/Color

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back