Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to selectively show features

berate

I make many drawings and feel comfortable with the process, but I have a bit of an issue. I have many anodized parts that get marked with text. I would like to have a two sheet drawing that one sheet has dimensions for the holes, while the other displays and dimensions the locations of the text. As it is right now, to accomplish this I need to create two 3D parts and then put them each into the sheets. This is a pain, so is there an easier way to do this? I would really like each drawing view to allow me to hide features if I choose to.
Thanks

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately though, I am try to hide features of a part and not a whole part, and what you describe does not work for this. If I click hide for just a feature it hides the whole part.

Anyone else?

Best way I've found of achieving this is to make a seperate configuration with the feature you don't want to show suppressed in one configuration. When you then make the drawings on the second sheet you use the alternative configuration showing the details you require.

Configurations are easy. Just create one in the configuration tab and activate it. Then go back to your featuretree and hide the features you want to selectively show. In the drawing, edit the properties of the view and select the configuration you want shown.

go with fcsupers idea of creating configurations. Try learning about configurations and design tables. You will never look back after using them and wonder how you ever got by without them.

There are endless applications for design tables and configurations. Bit daunting to begin with but worth the effort.

Thanks a lot. I have really never done much with the configurations tab, so I will have to play with it a bit to see if it really does what I need

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back