Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to import sketch dimensions?

prismshian

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a sketch drawing for my manufacturer so I can show them the exact location of the engraving.

I've created a sketch with the dimensions, angles, etc, how do I import these measurements and the same view in drawing?

Sincere thanks,

Mark
Edited by: prismshian

If you made the original drawing as a part, and the second a part also, then you can mate them in an assembly. Otherwise, have a few sheets on the drawing with reference points, say bottom corner is 0,0 and take it from there.

Use
Insert , Model Items

And select View by unselecting import into all views and select view you want them in then hit checkmark. Select to use Entire model option and hit OK

Hey mjcole!

Thanks for the reply, it worked! but how do you import sketch lines that you draw in the sketh, that you use for construction?

Sincere thanks

I also havea another issue, when I use model items on certain 'features' of the view in the drawing, SW does something really dumb,

It imports some dimensions and doesn't import some dimensions and worstly it imported some dimensions to one view and another part to another view.

HAVOC!!

You can adjust which views dims show up in by selecting them, holding shift and dragging them to another view.

You can control which items are imported with the import model items panel.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back