Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

rollback state message + freezing

chariner

ARRGGHH!! i don't know why this keeps happening and if there is any way to fix it, but randomly while working in solidworks, when switching from one open part to another, or one open assembly to another, etc, an error pops up saying something about "the assembly is in the rollback state. it is not available now." then everything is frozen solid, and the only way to clear it up is to force SW to shut down and start it up all over again. anyone else ready to throw SW in the trash over this?

I have used Pro-E in the past, and even though it has glitches and could be frustrating at times, I am finding SW to be WAY worse. long live Pro-E :-D

I have had this a lot in the past. It cleared up for SW 2008 but I have just had it again on SW2009Sp3 -just once, thankfully. It does't fill me with friendly feelings.

I have to say the thing that bugs me more at the moment is that parts roll back to errors. This often causes child features on other parts to fail, leading to a cascade of errors, whereas before it was fairly easy to track down the one yellow triangle. The thing that gets me about this is that is is a 'feature'; it has been designed in and is just plain stupid.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back