Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

License Transfer... Argh!

jbayless

Hi everyone,

I purchased a student edition copy of Solidworks in June 2008. I installed it shortly after, only to find that it did not work properly on my computer (the box says it is compatible with Vista, but my graphics card is apparently not supported).

Anyway, so it's been about 10 months, and I have not used the program. I have used almost half of my valid license period however...

Now I am about to purchase a laptop, which I am hoping will be solidworks compatible.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...-category-id=5D9ECB0302CE49069BA351726F2FE3DAI want to be able to transfer my license to it, but I can't!

All of the guides online say "just open the help menu, and select "license transfer". There is no such option in my help menu!

Furthermore, I cannot get tech support from the Solidworks official forums, because the registration process is rejecting my serial number (I don't know why). It says I typed it incorrectly, even though I'm copying it right from the registration confirmation document that they emailed me.

Does anyone know what to do? :S

Have you tried to contact a SolidWorks VAR? You should be able to find one for your area simply by doing a Net search. If that fails you may be able to get a response by contacting SolidWorks technical support at [email protected].

Hope that helps,
Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton
Charlotte, NC
www.h2omarkdesign.com

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back