Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Resize sketch

DunkerT

Hello All,

I wonder if anybody can shed some light as I am stuck. I imported a picture to solid works sketch to use as a trace to sketch around with a spline tool. However, I need to resize the entire sketch without loosing the shape of the traced spline sketch. Is this at all possible? It would be good to be able to drag and drop the size of the sketch, similar to how you resize pictures in word.

Thanks in advance

Tom
Edited by: DunkerT

I don't know if it is possible to resize the sketch like a picture, in Word. I think that is not pssible.

Go to TOOLS -> Scetch Tools -> Scale. Under Entities to Scale select the sketch. Under Scale About you must select a point. The sketch will be scaled around of this point. Set the scale (bigger or less than 1) and click OK.Checkthe option COPY if you want to preserve the original.

This is for now. I think that is a better idea to scale the picture as you needBEFORE draw the sketch. So... next time... be carefully.

Good luck !

If you check the "Proportional" box in the Spline Property Manager window, then your shape should stay intact, provided that you have defined its end points and tangencies with reference to some other geometry.

For those of you that are looking for a great SolidWorks book, I found this fantastic book and wanted to share it with you. SolidWorks 2011 Book Beginning
to Advanced SolidWorks 2011 Modeling, Drafting and Assemblies from
Machined Parts to Bl objects has been written by engineers for engineers.
Based on many years of teaching folks all over the globe how to make
more effective use of their CAD tools, we have placed the overwhelming
emphasis in this book on exercises. This book teaches users how to be
fluent with the tools. Check out http://solidworksbook.com/

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back