Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

part files disappear

new to sw

when I send an assembly file to another computer, the part files do not transfer, and the other party can not open the assembly file. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing wrong, but you must transfer all the files. Better is to useSW EXPLORER, not WINDOWS EXPLORER.
Edited by: Mihail

So you dont just send the assembly file? I need to email the file. I thought that all I need to do is to email the assembly file and that automatically would attach all the part files. How do I use this explorer?

You need to do a "Pack-n-go" Look it up in the help and find something really useful. It works really good.
Smoky Rick

For email use WinRar (or WinZip or other program like this) to make a single file from all the folder and send this file. If you use, like me, a free email program you may need to split the file (free Yahoo mail accept files less than 10 mb). WinRar can split the file and you can spcify the maximum length.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back