Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

loft and sweep

new to sw

I need to design a tool that will fit inside a long groove that goes through a path that has different geometric shapes such as: straight lines, curves, in all three axis. I have been trying loft and sweep, and in any event I got always an error message as follows:

for Loft:
"Direction 1 curve no.1 is invalid. It does not intersect with direction no. 2.

I have no clue what that means.

for Seep:
cannot get a point on the path to start with for an open path, the path must intersect with the section plane.

As far as I know the path intersects with the profiles.

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong in simple english? Also, am I using the right feature for what I need?

Thanks.

Select 2 sketchentities, using CTRL key, and you will see the PIERCE relation (if this relation can be applied between those entities). See alsoSW's help.

Good luck !

I have an existing curved face on the part file, to which I am trying to fit a tool, using the seep or loft feature. I sketched the profile, and matted it with the edge of the face of the part curve. I clicked on one entity of the sketch of the profile, and on the edge of the surface of the part file, with the CTRL key, and nothing happened. By the way, how can I copy the part curve to another file?

To copy something: select the item. Press CTRL+C (shortcut for COPY command). Select the new location (click in the new file). Press CTRL+V (shortcut for PASTE command).

For the first question... is hard for me to understand what you want. Post a pick of your part ( or the part itself) heare, on the forum, and someone maybe can help you.

New to sw: try using a loft with a guide curve. The guide curve needs to touch the profile of the two sketches - this should be done explicitly with a "coincident" relation.

Does this make sense?

PIERCING feature not exist.

Ncustardsay PIERCE RELATION. And me too. RELATION, not FEATURE.

Jimshaw suggest you to use COINCIDENT RELATION. Again, RELATION not feature.

The PIERCE RELATION can exist between lines in a sketch.

Hope you understand now.

Good luck !
Edited by: Mihail

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back