Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Interior design

maris17

As a product designer i have used solidworks for creating objects. However now i have an assignment to design restrooms and i am wondering if it is reasonable to use solidworks for that. I already have the plan made in autocad and it is compatible with solidworks, still i am not sure if after a lot of work i can have good renderings of the interior. Hoping my question was clear:)

Hello, we used Solidworks at uni too when I was studying Engineering Product Design. Solidworks has photoworks which will give you the ablility to render images. The Interior renders are not great (as in industry standard) but they will suffice.

For better results I would use 3D Studio Max or Cinema 4D to render the image once it has been modelled.

maris17

Your renderings will be fine. I've done simular projects in the past with Photoworks 2006, im sure the new photoworks 2009 will do a much better job. Output your acad file as a step 203 to Solidworks, apply the photoworks materials and render. Move your light sources around to get good reflections from the mirrors.

Good luck...
smiley32.gif

Thank you for the answers! it still takes some time until i get to rendering, but i will let you know how i did!!

I've never heard of that software before. I've only worked with google sketch-up and Autocad. I've heard that the autocad now has new features. Found it here:
[url]http://www.schoolofinteriordesign.org/reviews/3d-cad-archite cture-2-2.html[/url]

I actually used autocad when we had to create a structured cabling system for one of the buildings in our school and also when we created an architectural design for that building. It was user-friendly but you really have to learn and practice using it.

nterior Detailing is a process that requires much attention
and is an integral part of design development. AutoCAD
Drafting India has the resources, processes and technology
to support the Interior Detailing tasks of fabricators,
placers, detailers and engineers. By combining reliability
in operation with state-of-the- art technology, we are able
to provide customized and perfect solutions in a quick
turn-around processing time.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back