Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

All Around note

hellomoto

This is not a how-to-do-in solidworks question, but the audience here may be the best people to relay this question to.

What does it mean when a dimension has the notes "all around" next to it?

Using a simplified example, a hex shape tube with all corners rounded, drawing has a cross section view showing the wall thickness and that the ends are rounded. Radius dimension as has note R.050 All Around. (Instead of typical because other radius dimensions are present).

My interpretation is that the edges at the ends of the tube have a radius of .050 all around the profile (the hex profile). Or maybe this example was a bad one. So when should a All Around note be used?

Hellomoto,

I'd recommend that you refer to your companies documentation/drafting standards and see which version/year of Ansi Y14.5 is used when generating your engineering documentation. I remember when TYP was removed a few years back for the 2X (number of places) as a hard callout. All around might fall in under simular circumstances. To answer your question, All around is a combo of TYP, XX, in a 2D circular orientation. Used like the circle on the leader for a weld. Hope this helps.

Good Luck...
smiley32.gif

All around only has two uses in ASME. Welding and Profile tolerance. any other use is off-standard and will need to be FULLY defined in your company standards.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back