Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bend line displays

Centurion

In the "Flat-Pattern", there are bend lines that represent the centerof bend.

IIRC,there is alsoa way to have the bend lines displayed asrepresenting the start and end of bends (as opposed to one linein the center of bend)by changinga setting somewhere.

My problem is that I have forgotten where that toggle is...

There is the chance that I'mmistaken about that toggle showing different bend line representation in the flat and in a part file (not drawing file).For now,all I'mfinding is tangentlines with fontvisiblein a drawing view- which isn't the option for whichI was looking.

I hope that was clear enough, thanks in advance.

One way is to right click on the Flat-Pattern1 (history tree) and select edit feature. Then unselect the "Merge Faces" check box. Now flatten the part and.....there are your bends. Remember, your part is in pieces now.

Centurion said:
In the "Flat-Pattern", there are bend lines that represent the centerof bend.

IIRC,there is alsoa way to have the bend lines displayed asrepresenting the start and end of bends (as opposed to one linein the center of bend)by changinga setting somewhere.

My problem is that I have forgotten where that toggle is...

There is the chance that I'mmistaken about that toggle showing different bend line representation in the flat and in a part file (not drawing file).For now,all I'mfinding is tangentlines with fontvisiblein a drawing view- which isn't the option for whichI was looking.

I hope that was clear enough, thanks in advance.

I was mistaken. There isn't a toggle that alters the "bend lines" created by SolidWorks... in the way I had thought.

As the previous poster posted, the merge faces option needs to be deselected and then itwouldn't bethe actual "bend lines" showing the start and end of bend - itwould bethe tangent edges of the surfaces shown in a part file.

The other option of tangent edge with font in a drawing allows the start and end to be dimensioned in the flat.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back