Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

2008 SW over 1gig ram = freeze

skateboardkid

Every time I get near the 1 gig mark on my computer SW 2008 freezes up and I have to restart. Runnign dual 3.2 with 4 gigs of ram and there is plenty oif ram avaialble

I don't think sw is known for handling large assemblies like Catia.Might make a call into SW proper for that one.

design engine has a 6' half pipe in our 6000 sq foot loft space next door to our training center. vids on youtube.com

SBK,

Which version of XP are you running?

I had a XP-32bit machine that wasonly addressing 2GB of physical memory, you can trick it to using 3GB. I had a similar problem with an assembly crashing in Pro/E and I had some files that would just not open under SW. That was solved by going to 32GB of RAM on XP-64bit. Now the machine opens files and yawns.

I still need to get SW loaded on the 64-bit machine, but I expect similar results....

/r

Kurt

Graphics card? I know on SW2008, things have changed. nvidia 3500 is about as low as you can run. check into it.

good luck...
smiley32.gif

same problem here ( and i thought it was just me ) graphics card is a good shout ill check mine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back