Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

surface help

chidiac350

hello,

I need help in creating a surface from 2d sketches

im modeling a car body. I have inserted a series of (20) equidistant planes in parallel running from the front of the car to the back and in each plane is a sketch of the cross section of the car at that particular "longitudinal" location. I also have a series of sketches running from the left side of the car to the middle that make up the "latitudinal" cross section views.

so basically i have the shape of the car but in wire form. ie the surface isnt there but a grid type silhouette.

how do i go about forming a surface from these sketches. should i have done one 3d sketch instead?

i have solidworks 2006.

OR does anyone know where i can find a murcielago shell in solidworks

thanks
-nate

maybe you should ask a more simple question like how do you make a surface from four curves that form the outer boundaries of a sheet of paper for example.

Nate, you can use a surface loft. Select the cross section sketches one at a time and then you can select any guide curves if you have them. This creates a surface based on your longitudinal sketches. If you have a right view sketch, you can do the same and then trim/extend the surfaces. This is some pretty advanced stuff but SW makes it somewhat simple.

Steve

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back