Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Apparently it cant be done.............

oakleigh

Hi,

I phoned a solidworks helpline today and was told that you cant use a design table in assembly to change the overall dimensions (Of a flight case) but we have had a case modelled by a somone who has managed to do this.... Does anyone elseknow how to do this????

thank you

You can only control configurations, so make several configurations of the flat case and change them via the design table at the assembly level.

AND, while you're at it, submit an enhancement request to do this, it's a good idea.

Steve
Edited by: swcalvert

thanks for your help.I have since found out what im trying to do is called is "Context modelling" where a dimension is constrained to a plane. and then using a design table to change the distance between the mates!

hmmmm if only i could work it out how to add an in place mate!!!
smiley1.gif

I havne't had the oppurtunity to do this in 2007 but I know in 2000 and 2001 I had created a sketch in an assembly. Then using equations linked the parts to the sketch. The sketch in the assembly was driven then by an excell sheet.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back