Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Weldment (Solidworks)

phuoc_nguyen

I amlearning how to use the weldment feature in SolidWorks 2006 SPO and am not really sure about it.Please let me know:

1. In assembly feature, for example: I have 02 plates which are too long, wide. After mate them together perpendiculer, I want createtheIntermittentweldment but I can notcarry out.

2. Inpart feature, for example: I have 02 segments of shaft, they are the same diameter. Afterchamfer them, I want createtheweldment but I also can notcarry out.

These problems are very simple if use software ofAutodesk Inventor.

Thanks a lot

Phuoc

Mr. Phuoc,

To the best of myknowledge, you cannot do an intermittent weld in SolidWorks assemblies. I have tried it before. Even making a split line on the part before assembling it doesn't help. If you want to make an intermittent weld, use the weldment function as a part.

-Open a new part
-click the "Weldment" feature
-make the parts in the position and relations that you want them to be in
-add weld beads

I'm oversimplifying it here, but you get the idea.

-K

SolidWorks Weldment

Dear Phuoc,

Please see this book will help your problems.
http://mcad-tech.com/p/172/c/99_101/Training-Materials/SolidWorks/SolidWorks-Weldments-Training-Minibook.html

I amlearning how to use the weldment feature in SolidWorks 2006 SPO and am not really sure about it.Please let me know:

1. In assembly feature, for example: I have 02 plates which are too long, wide. After mate them together perpendiculer, I want createtheIntermittentweldment but I can notcarry out.

2. Inpart feature, for example: I have 02 segments of shaft, they are the same diameter. Afterchamfer them, I want createtheweldment but I also can notcarry out.

These problems are very simple if use software ofAutodesk Inventor.

Thanks a lot

Phuoc

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back