Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to make configurations useful.

r2d2

smiley5.gif
I have a problem with SW2005 mates in large assemblies, especially when I wish to move parts or subassemblies to different locations to check for clearance issues. I've tried without success to help the problem with configurations. These are the problems I have had:

1. Configurations of subassemblies do not transfer to the main assembly. The main assembly seems to read only the default configuration of the subassy.

The alternative is to define configurations in the assembly but problem 2 occurs.

2. I have to check "suppress new features and mates" in the properties manager of the new configuration or the mates conflict, but any part or subassy. added in one configuration must me remated in all the others. If a mate problem occurs, then it must be fixed in all configurations. I am tired of doing this.

It seems SW configuration featureis weak in helping me define different positions for my mowing parts in the main assembly. Any suggestions?

Hello R2D2,

1. To change configuration of a sub assembly:

- Open the top assy. Click RMB on the subassy you want to change the configuration of. Select Component properties and choose the configuration which you want to use.

2. Mates are sometimes a big problem. It begins with the base. In my experiance i always think what is mounted first en where is it mounted on. So if a sub assy is moving over an other subassy. the mates to move belong in the top assy. In the topassy you can make a mate in advanced mates where u can set a minimum and a maximum distance. Later if you top assy becomes a subassy you can set the "old topassy" to flexible in component properties so u still can move your "old topassy"

With regards.

In general I find configurations buggy. Especially when going to drawings, I save down and delete alternate configurations. Otherwise...periodically, one configuration will turn into another for no reason.

I had the same problem on Solidworks 2006. The configuration looks fine in the part files but not in the assembling files.

I use this way

1. I create parts and subassemblingsin a main assembling with geometrical connections.

2. I create second assembling like first, colled other way . In this assaml. I use mates. So I can get new locations for parts and subassemblings, analysis and animation.

So I have geometrical connections and I can manage the subassembling mates.

This design is used in UG.

I'm having this problem with Mates

I used SW several years ago and used ProE wf3 for 3 years prior to now. Just changed companies and they bought SW 2011.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I'm having this problem.

In order to get an assembly fully defined after applying CONSTRAINTS in ProE aka MATES in SW. I have to left click on every part in my tree and left click on FIX.

It dims all my MATES but shows the assembly to be FULLY DEFINED in the bottom right coner of the window.

BUT now I CANNOT modify a MATE. If I try to change the mateit gives methe followingerror message saying

THIS MATE IS INACTIVE BECAUSE IT IS BETWEEN FIXED COMPONENTS, AND THE FIXED PARTS ARE POSITIONED SUCH THAT IT IS NOT SATISFIED.

If I click the green check mark to accept the change it tells me that the change will be ignored.

If I delete the mate and rebuild the assembly is still FULLY DEFINED! It seems to be IGNORING the change. How weird is that.

There has to be a way to modify an assembly after it has been MATED OR CONSTRAINED.

thanks James

<div>< id="ciba_grabword_plugin" ="application/ciba-grabword-plugin" height="0" ="true" width="0">christian ouboutin SolidWorks
Although he was functioning for Jourdan, he satisfied discount christian louboutin a different well-known shoe designer, Roger Vivier. Vivier's receive the work carried out is acquainted to Louboutin as it is Vivier who made the stiletto heel that fascinated Louboutin on a indicator at the Voie Daumesnil museum.
It had been by incident that his signature red soles started. He felt that his designs seemed dull as he noticed them being strutted out the runway all via 1 of his trend implies. When he observed an individual of his team sporting red nail polish, he utilized it around the sole of the shoe contemplating that it's going to have the effects he sought. And it did! Viewing that 1992, the shiny, red-lacquered soles had been integrated into his.
It really is their class that has distribute their attractiveness all all-around the planet. There may be a declaring that with the celebrity get there the difficulty. This renowned manufacturer is currently dealing with the truth with the stating as Christian Louboutin fakes are spreading rapidly by way of the earth. People these days are getting baffled, because it is not clear-cut christian louboutin wedding SolidWorks to find out the serious Christian Louboutin and also the replicas. So it's the high quality which is manufacturing the men and women obtaining it. Furthermore the amount plus the mirror photograph individuality is usually the key truth of buying it.
The makers of such reproduction footwear are real geniuses and they make the replicas so correctly that anyone can fool hisher fantastic good friends by making them imagine that someone has obtained the real challenge. It really is truly quite tricky to believe that that this is a replica. However, figuring out a replica is difficult, although not definitely impossible. A purchaser can discover out Christian Louboutin fakes if one goes into the retail retailer and compares his imperfect reproduction with the amazing original 1. Rather, a consumer should be troubled with regards to the initial Louboutin signature around the sole in the shoe or have a look at out the size print for your great deal a lot more authentications.
The main cheap christian louboutin prospective buyers of the services or products are mostly the middle and bigger middle course men and women these days with the modern society, as they can't critically find the money for the massive cost tag tag of your first designer sneakers. Contemplating in www.cheapchristianlouboutin2012.net their cash flow capability, it can be exceptional to invest in an imitation of your originals, as these replicas usually are not unpleasant they usually do very last nearly providing the intense ones. Nevertheless the anyone who is searching for his ideal psychological pleasure by getting the unique designer made SolidWorks should to check out out the scale conversion just ahead of getting it's available within their online page.
Moreover, there are other ways to find out in case the sneakers will not be the original kinds. Though the replicas ultimate lengthy and so are as cozy as being the originals, these are not created of authentic leathers such as the special designer footwear. Aside from, this perfectly regarded designer guarantees the model title defense by trying to keep many of the footwear in Christian Louboutin dust bags with its very very own original brand and Christian Louboutin box. A customer must assure that he is finding most of these from the salesman.
In addition, faux SolidWorks may be noticed from the primary aspect the primary Christian Louboutin pumps, christian ouboutin SolidWorks, Christian Louboutin pumpscan stretch fifty p.c a dimensions but the replicas under no circumstances stretch whatsoever.
Associated Articles - christian ouboutin footwear, jimmy choo pumps, Christian Louboutin pumps, french flag, buy french flag, reasonably priced french flag, inexpensive french flag,

E-mail this article to a Pal!
Get Content pieces like this a single direct on your email box!Subscribe for free right now!
amazinesAdvertisingarticle_detail.cfm3061729?articleid=30617 29</div>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back