Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

hole type wizard for external threads

ttraser

anyone know of an external thread feature like the one utilized in the hole wizard?

It would be nice to have an automated thread generator/callout.

Thanks for this tip. The threads look beautiful with just tiny bit of playing with the angles and scale.

I was going crazy trying to find some quick way to do this. Everything I found talked about cosmetic threads, and that is not what I wanted at all - too much time, too much memory used up, and just for threads?

Yours is WAY better.

But I would add one tip to this. The thread texture covers the entire cylindrical curface, as you've spelled it out here.

For partially threaded surface, it needs a different surface than the shank. Since thread major diameter is usually slightly undersized, using the EXTRUDED CUT tool I undercut the surface by about .001" around, for the length of the threads. Then when I used TEXTURE>THREAD on the OD, only the thread length shows the threads.

Can someone give me a step by step to do a 2.750-12 Thd. I'm back on it since a few years ago. I always struggled with threads. I am modeling a part to be used in a 3D Print machine and they need the step file for it. Help. Anyone.?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back