Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Invalid Mapkey Key Sequence

joenjoe

We just "upgraded" from Creo Elements 5.0 to Creo Parametrics 1.0. I use alot of mapkeys, many of which are no longer valid with the new model mode ribbon. I can modify many of the mapkeys without problems except for any involving function keys. For example, I use the F1 function key to show established Front View. Now, when I attempt to modify this ($F1) by re-recording the mapkey, I get an error message that "$F1 cannot be used as a Mapkey Key Sequence".

Any ideas how to re-establish my Function Key Mapkeys?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

We could not re enable F1, we ended up doing a find and replace in the config file replacing all the instances of F1 will a different sequence, ours was easier as we used F1 to regenerate, so we just changed to contol g.

Thanks, Ca11y.

Yes. Out of desperation, I replaced all of my Function keys (F1-F12) with other key sequences (51-62).This works, but it is frustrating that my Function keys are worthless now.

Could you assign the F1 function key outside of ProE to execute your "51" mapkey? Maybe put that assignment into your startup batch file and then unassign them when you close ProE? Don't have time to go test it but seems like it might work.

I know that this won't help joenjoe but..We are about to transition from WF4 to Creo 2.0. When I read of your issue with the mapkeys I talked to person in our group who is checking out all of mapkeys for functionality in 2.0. He deomonstrated to me that they work just fine. Evidently this is just a Creo 1.0 issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

We have discovered that all of the function keys except F1 can be modified to work. Something about F1 also being used as Help in Windows based programs. (Not sure I want to mess around with that at this time.)

One of the guys in my department says we can alter F1 to work with the Shift key, but I have not yet gotten that to work.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back