Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Co-ordinate system in Pro-Cabling

catipash

1) I work for Pro-Cabling, Everytime iget step file ofthe connector, i need to create Co-ordinate System such that Z-axis is pointing in the direction of wire entry, so i loose huge time in rotating the C/sys to get the Z-axis in position.

2) Is there any other solution or fast method of creating C/Sys. Now I am getting a default Co-ordinate system with step file and creating new with reference to the by giving dimensions from the default C/sys...One more problem i am facing is placing it in right location that is centre of connector.

I usually add datum planes based on the imported csysand place (a) curve in the shape of circle(s), then add an axis through the center. You can place axis based in datums too. I place the entry port csys(s) based on axis and surface andorient the Z along the axis, then use one of the datums to orient the X,Y. I also use patterns whenever I can to save time.
Edited by: jstone

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back