Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Win7 64bit /WF3 Nightmare Solved

bartn

I have been trying for almost a month to install WF3 (m060)on my new Win7 64 bit workstation. Even had a VAR remote in...he gave up after two hours,Could never get the license server to start. Final solution involved going to the Flexera web site (they now own Flexnet Licensing software), and downloading the win64 bit version of lmgrd, lmtools and lmutil. Stepped through the tabs in lmtools per their instructions, starting on page 97, restarted my system and it worked! I am set up as node-locked right now but may have to switch to single server to get mechanica and/or ARX to run. Will check it out as time permits. If anyone is interested I can post the details of the install. From what I can tell from the archives, other people have struggled with this same problem.

Bart

Bart,

Thanks for letting us now.
Any extra info you can post here will surely help others and is much appreciated!

Kind regards
Eddy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back