Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Line help

antPe

Hello.
smiley1.gif

I am new to ProE, and want to know how this 2 curves (watch enclosed picture) were drawn before boundary blend. First is on front plane, but for second which is connected with first one and little lower, I am not sure if from top view? There is no offset plane shown from tree menu. (sorry for noob question
smiley17.gif
)

My point is: How were endpoints of curves conneccted and if I can draw lines, starting from enpoints of previous lines (without selecting new planes)?

View attachment 5797

Thank you.

Hi AntPe, First of all, there is no wrong or right way to create anything in creo. Yes there are good practices which you will learn and get better at understanding the more you use the software, but for now...if that part that you have created is what you need then your method is fine too huh ?

Lines/curves can be created in numerous ways, intersection curves, equasion curves, lines through points etc etc... can you not figure out how they were created from the model ?

Edit: Damn sorry, im spelling like a teenager using a mobile phone... LOL
smiley36.gif

Edited by: [-Skint-]

Hi [-Skint-]

smiley1.gif

My part does not have any particular purpose, just to show the problem. See, ... I am new to constriction and simple things to you are problem to me
smiley17.gif

I do not know how I can snap to end points of curve 1, when start curve 2 (this second curve obviously is not in same plane and is angled) So i wonder if there is another way to draw second curve without previously created helping offset plane, which goes through endpoints of curve 1.

BTW: I am using ProE W 5.
Hope you can be more detailed in your answer.
smiley2.gif

Than you.

Edited by: antPe

If you have the model in the picture you can select the second sketch and select "edit definition" to see how it was made.

You will notice that the surface in the video is not flat on a plane, but curved in two directions. You can also see that below the blue surface ( Boundary Belnd ) there is a Extrude feature (that the video doesnt show ). I bet the edge of the surface that you think has a sketch...doesnt, its just the edge of the blue surface after being cut by the next extrusion.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back