Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

RSD Users

jimsmith

I have recently noticed a lot of RSD customers getting confused about upgrading to Creo Schematics so let me try and explain a few points

<ul>[*]There will not be any further maintenance builds of RSD[*]Creo Schematics is a new version of RSD - therefore the upgrade process is the same as upgrading from RSD 6 to 7, 7 to 8, 8 to 9 etc.[*]Creo Schematics supports Wildfire 4.0 and 5.0[*]Creo Schematics supports Creo Parametric 1.0 and 2.0[*]If you are using Wildfire 4 or 5 you can still upgrade your RSD license to Creo Schematics 2.0 which will allow you to run both Wildfire 4.0 and Creo Schematics 2.0.[*]Creo Schematics does not support Intralink 3X[*]Creo Schematics 2.0 now uses Windchill 10X Unified Workgroup Manger thus improved integration[*]Usability improvements have lead to significant user performance[*]System performance improvements have significantly improved user performance
[*]The major enhancements can be viewed from here http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/relnotes/index.jsp?show=y& amp;product=137106&module=&version=&functional=& amp;process=[/list]

I hope that helps clear the confusion

Jim

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back