Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Rel. rot. w/ Coincident constr. (CATIA)?

mike_nica

I am building my first assembly in Catia, and I am attaching several pins to the holes from an arm through the Coincident and Contact Constraints. While I want the pins to be mated with arm surface and I want them to be concentric with their respective holes, I want the pins to still have the ability to rotate relative to their own axis. I dont know how to do that.

The only way I noticed this works is if the first piece (in this case the arm) has a Fixed constraint, in which case the concentric pins have the ability to rotate relative to their own axis. But from what I know the fixed constraint should be applied only once in the assembly, generally to the first part that is imported (in my case, a part that is different from the arm).

Can somebody help me figure out a way how to rotate the pins relative to their own axis while still keeping their concentricity with the arm holes

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back