Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Api to extract outer geometry of an assem

hash25

Hi all,
I have a assembly and i need to extract just the outer geometry of assembly.Is there any api available for this or how to achieve this.Im new to ProToolKit.Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Soha

Hi
I tried using shrinkwrap
functionality(manually) but it didnt work for
my assembly.Is there any other way to extract
outer geometry of assembly using api

For example if i consider pen as my assembly i need to calcualte the visible area of pen that is the outer part of pen excluding the refill part.So i am looking for an api/method to achieve this. any suggestions on how to do this.

May be not an API, but you can always use bounding box to get what you want. Will need some mathematics but you will get what you want.

Shrinkwrap a model using Creo VB API

Hi I'm looking for same type of functionality to calculate external surface area.
I'm trying to solve it by using Creo API. I've been going through the Creo API User guide but cannot seem to figure out how to program a button that would create a shrinkwrap model of current active model in session.

Here is the spec:

Hi I would like to program a button for Creo API in VB script for creating a shrinkwrap model.
I've been going through the Shrinkwrap Export section in the Creo API User guide and can not figure out how to program the button.

The button needs to help me create new shrinkwrap model in creo session of the current active model in Creo session. The current active Creo model in session should be allowed to be an asm. or .prt type file.
The newly created shrinkwrap model needs to adhere to the following Shrinkwrap instructions:

- It need to be a faceted type of shrinkwrap model
- The quality of the shrinkwrap needs to be set to 10
- Auto filling of holes needs to happen to shrinkwrap model

This is the outline of code I tried to a certain degree :

Private Sub BTNshrinkwrap_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles BTNshrinkwrap.Click

Dim ExportShrinkwrapInstruction As IpfcShrinkwrapModelExportInstructions
Dim activeModel As IpfcSolid
Dim ShrinkWrapModel As IpfcModel
Try

activeModel = asyncConnection.Session.CurrentModel
If activeModel Is Nothing Then
Throw New Exception("Model not present")
End If

ShrinkWrapModel = (New CCpfcShrinkwrapFacetedPartInstructions).Create(activeModel, True).OutputModel

Catch ex As Exception

MsgBox(ex.Message.ToString)
End Try

End Sub

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back