Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

RSD vs Mentor Graphics

design-engine

It seams to me RSD is a viable option for those major manufactuers who do both routing and flexible hose systems. A tractor company uses RSD to rout the pnumatics and hydrolics as well as thir harneses.

Does Mentor Graphics that costs 25k have modules for flexible piping as well or do they stop at the wiring diagram and 'chip set design' and 'motherborad layout' modlues?I guess RSD doesnt do 'chip set design' and 'motherboard layout'

Although Mentor does quite a bit of cool software .... Doesnt look like to me they offer a package for the flexible piping guys. http://www.mentor.com/products/ where RSD offers routed systms basics as described below.

Washing machine as an example:

Flow Diagrams > basic block diagram that can help me thru the top level flow of a system. Could be the gant chart esk utility for moving raw product in and finished product out. Sheetmetal comes into one side of the building and the finished washing machine exits to the trucks to be delived to Best Buy

PD&ID > Piping schematics flexible hoses of the washing machine

Wiring Diagram > the wiring diagram of the washing machine

Schemaitc Diagram > wiring of a closed system like a motor that fits into a washer

Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back