Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Balloon Placement Issue

TenaciousDave

I get the following error when trying to move a set of balloons I have in a drawing.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I split a quantity of balloons down to the number I need, but when I go to move them to the views I need using edit attachment, I get the following error:

"Attachment has to be on assembly member from the same table row. Select again."

Has anyone run into this issue? If so what was the solution to fix!

This usually happens when views are not created using the same View State i.e. Simplified Representation. To split balloons among the views they all need to be of the same view state as is the repeat region.

If you need to show the ballons on the views with different state, you need to create another repeat region with the same view state as the view for which you want to place balloons, however then you need to align and manually fix the item numbers for both repeat regions.

I got this message also. It was on a detailed view which took its state from its parent. After messing with it, I figured out the parts (O-rings) that I wanted to show balloons for were made using flexible dims. I deleted the flexible dims and then was able to display the balloons by right clicking on the highlighted part and selecting "Create BOM Balloon".

I got this message also. It was on a detailed view which took its state from its parent. After messing with it, I figured out the parts (O-rings) that I wanted to show balloons for were made using flexible dims. I deleted the flexible dims and then was able to display the balloons by right clicking on the highlighted part and selecting "Create BOM Balloon".

I hope they get this fixed in Creo 4.
There should be no reason for flexible dimensions to break the repeat region.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back