Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

"Open in Creo" Button Gone

Atropos89

The following is a screenshot of the Creo browser when it is hooked up to Windchill:

View attachment 5662

Yesterday, there used to be a "Open in Creo" icon located where only "?..." is shown now. Also, the tooltip for the button says ????openAsscContent??? instead of "Open In Creo". Does anyone have any idea what is going on? As far as I know, no changes have been made to either the server or my computer since yesterday, and this is not happening to anyone else in the company.

Also, if I go log on to someone else's computer, eveything is fine. Same for if some one else logs on to my computer.
Edited by: Atropos89

What version of Creo are you using?

I have seen this issue related to security policies when the Windchill user is setup incorrectly. But since you can access fine from another syatem, that doesn't sound like the cause.

In Creo Server Manager, delete this primary server, then make sure the cached files are deleted under your PTC_WF_ROOT. By default, for Creo 1.0 this is under %APPDATA%\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf

You can also backup / delete this entire sub-folder to remove all Settings.

In order to remove these folders, make sure Creo is not running and creoagent.exe process is killed.

This is Creo 1.0 M020. (In the signature
smiley1.gif
)

After re-registering the serverusing the procedureyou suggested, everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back