Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Interconnect Diagrams

haker219

In order to create an interconnect diagram in RSD it seems like you must first create the BID. It then seems like you must run a report to insert or create the WID connectors for the wiring diagram which is a top-down design approach. Does anyone know if a bottom-up design approach can be used to create a BID? Can I create my cable harnesses or wiring diagrams first and then create the block interconnect diagram? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yes you can create the WID first and then the BID. The BID/WID checking tools are bi-directional.

Martin

Martin,
Thanks for the help! I have one more problem. After I run the report I got to place another shape of the selected artifact. So, when I try to place a BID connector on a block diagram only text appears (full_name and "No Harness found"). The artwork for the connector does not appear. Do you know what is now happening?

Thanks,

Shawn

Hi Shawn

You might want to check what color the connector is supposed to be and what the background color is - sometimes they're the same it looks like no graphics are being placed.

Also, it's possible that your wiring connector doesn't have any block ports defined for the block diagram type . I suggest placing it, selecting it and clicking Right Mouse Button>Reorder Members. You should then be able to add a block port in the Total Ports field.

Regards,

Martin

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back