Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

STEP file model tree

s_pme20

When I create assembly STEP file in pro-E and open it again in pro-E, I don't want individual part to be selectable from model tree.I selected option tree structure as "single file" while export.
But still when I open file in pro-E, I can select individual part.
Any help?

It is an option while opening the STEP file in Pro to either open it as an assembly or as a part. If you open it as a part, then there is only one feature in the model tree.

I tried that...and it opened as single feature..but problem is some parts jumble-up.I don't know why that hapenned..

I know this is a while ago, but...

The parts jumble up because it takes the CSYS from each part and lays them on top of the assembly CSYS. So unless every CSYS in your original assembly is in the same place and orientation, it will be jumbled up. So...the solution:

Edit->component options

In there you can do a "MERGE." Follow the instructions in the window, but I believe you select the part to merge TO and then subsequent parts. If a part is in a subassembly of the assembly, you may have to run a "reorder" from the Edit->Restructure menu. I fumble through that every time, so I can't give you too much good advice there, but it always ends up working eventually.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back