Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to unbend

View attachment 5630

Actually I want to make the component as shown in the above picture in sheetmetal.
It has uniform circular through hole pattern all over its surface.
Anybody please tell me how to make this component in pro E sheetmetal?

Edited by: EagleEye

S_pme20,
I really appreciate your precious efforts to make that 3D for me.
But that is not the true solution I am searching for.
By your way, the hole pattern comes with different pitch at many places.
Please check the attachment for better understanding.

2012-04-27_061914_Pattern_problem.rar

You can adjust pitch & pattern style (i.e diamond, circular, triangular, spiral..) as per your requirement.
NOTE: Obviously pitch will change in bend region.Practically also, if you take sheet with holes and bend it then pitch will change and holes will become ellipse due to material stretching/flow.

Anyway, this is all for visualisation purpose only in model.I don't think you need it that much accurately

Dear S_pme20
You haven't observed the pattern neatly.
You are generating pattern at 4 different places separately, thats why that pattern is not uniform.
at some region holes are like -

oooooooo
ooooooooooooooo

I want continuity in the holes. like-

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Accuracy in design is important.

EagleEye,
Now you want me to do everything?..I provided you the ground to get desired results.And I am again sure that it can be made uniform like you want.
I just pointed the procedure.Now, move your a** and explore something by yourself!

Eagleeye. people aren't here to do the work for you, just provide a bit of guidance to steer you in the right direction, maybe a thank you to s_pme20 would be more appropriate and beneficial than criticising him for not getting your hold pattern perfect. If we all had that attitude this forum would die very quickly.

Amazing, isn't it?
smiley17.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back