Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Unbending a Louvre

SCUBARENE

View attachment 5626Hi Everyone

I need help with a part,I need to bend a Louvre,but when I try to unbend it says "Geometry is not unbendable"

Part was created by sketching and extruding and then converting to Sheetmetal.

I tried adding a flat wall but with same result.

Working in Pro E 5

Any help is appreciated

Thx

-Sorry Picture added

Edited by: SCUBARENE

Dear SCUBARENE,
Could you please upload a pictures of that part (the way you are doing that bending operation) so that we will have a better clarity of your problem.

I always recommend creating sheetmetal parts in sheetmetal module from start.From your picture it's not clear what's the shape behind it..But when you create it fully in sheetmetal, u can surely unbend it.

Compound bends cannot be unbent.

Just because you can make it in sheetmetal does not mean that it can be unbent.

dross said:
Compound bends cannot be unbent.

Just because you can make it in sheetmetal does not mean
that it can be unbent.

Agreed, I have created many sheet metal parts that won't
un-bend, however the above is also true that you have a
better chance if you can manage to create your part in
sheet metal from the start.

Scubarene:

If you need this in sheet metal, you may want to look at starting with a flat then adding the lourve as a form feature.

Bob

Sheetmetal can only unbend a straight bend operation. A louver is a combination of a bend and stretching by the punch.

If the louvre is formed using a form tool then it can be flattened by using the flatten tool or suppressing the form feature.

Bob

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back