Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Windchill can not upload files

jeff toff

Hi All,

I am embarrassed to say I think I messed up my Windchill Preferences using the Preference Manger. Windchill will not let me check in or upload new parts, assemblies, or drawings. I get the following error message:

Content object "file name.drw" in the document "name.drw" was not uploaded to the server vault!

I was changing a few setting a couple of weeks ago to address another issue when checking in and changed about a half a dozen settings and can not remember all the setting a changed.

Does anyoneknow whatsetting would be stopping me from being able to upload?

Jeff Toff

Content object "file name.drw" in the document "name.drw" was not uploaded to the server vault!

Hi All,

Another symptom is that I can not open these files using Creo. I get this error message: File name cannot be retrieved:

I am using Creo 1.0 M030

Windchill 9.1 M060

Jeff Toff

Jeff,

It seems you have cache corruption. Rename existing cache and re register windchill. with new workspace.

Amit

The cache is likely located at

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wi ldfire\.wwgm\.cache2008\<SERVERNAME>

You can just delete the folder corresponding to your workspace, and then go back into Windchill and synchronize your workspace. This should clear up any cache corruption as well without having to make a new workspace.
Edited by: Atropos89

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back