Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Enry Ports in variable Groups

jstone

How would I get the entry port name of a variable group or connector to export properly into Cable without manually typing every port? I thought I could get it to work with a function in the global properties. See following:

View attachment 5569

You have two options

If using Creo Schematics 1.0 just import a pin parameter file which will apply any parameter and value you like to the pins of the component.

If you are using Creo 1.0 PMA then you can define the entry port information on the 3Dcomponent using parameters and then the only thing you need to set in Creo Schematics is the model name.

If you require additional information on either of these two options above and beyond what is in the help files then let me know

Jim,
Thank you for the reply. Using Creo Schematics 1.0 and Wildfire 4.

Using a pin parameter file works. Is there any way that the pin name assigned by either a membermap or by autogen can be read into the entry_port parameter without having to run another csv file?

I'm not familiar with the latest cable but it sounds like you are saying the entry port can now be assigned in the model.

jef

View attachment 5584

Jeff

If i understand you correctly you want the parameter entry_port to have the same value as the name of the port. If this is the case then use the funtion dg_derive_indirect2 and set to name.

View attachment 5585

And yes is cabling design from Creo 1 you can define all the entry port information on the component instead of inside Schematics.

PS Creo Schematics 2.0 is now available for download

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back