Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Layer Rules

looslib

In our drawing templates, the person that set them up put layer rules in place along with states. If a parameter is defined as being one of the states, it would change the layer for a note above the title block when regenerated. The parameter is controlled by a restricted external file.<BR itxtNodeId="68"><BR itxtNodeId="67">We have been asked to add a new classification to the drawings. I have the state defined, the parameter file changed and the symbols on that new layer. What I can't figure out is how to turn the other symbol layers off when the new layer is activated. Also, how to turn the new layer off when another layer is activated. In the layer tree, I show the layer has rules. In the layer properties, the symbols for then existing layers have a rule icon, but my new layer doesn't.<BR itxtNodeId="66"><BR itxtNodeId="65">Can anyone provide some help so I can finish this task? I am documenting the process in case I have to do it again.<BR itxtNodeId="64">

The symbols under thelayer propertieswindow of the existing layers havea ruleicon next to them. My symbols associated with my new layer does not. In the layer tree, all layers have therule icon next to the name signifying that they have rules.

How do I get the symbols on the layer to also have rules? This is being done on a drawing template file.

When I change the parameter, I get my new layer activated, but the default symbol layer does not turn off. With the other parameter/layer combinations, only the layer tied to the parameter value are active.

I printed out Glenn Beer's thread on Mastering layers (99 pages!) and his PPT presentation from 2007 with slide notes. I am about 1/3 throufgh reading the thread and taking notes/trying things in WF4.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back