Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Purge Doesn’t work

RioT

Hi Guys,
I used Proe WF2 with windiws xp and I have had any problem untill I installed Windows 7.
Now, in windows 7, I the file purge.bat doesn't work and I have all my working directory full of old files
smiley18.gif
In windows Xp I simply ran purge.bat on My working directory with dobble click but Now I tried without results.
Can you help me please
Thankyou very much for your answers

What RMB is?
In windows Xp I copied purge.bat in my working directory and I ran It but now he same thing doesn't work.
I tried to "pause" the path in the purge.bat file and the result is the message

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------
'x86e_win64_ptc_setvars' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
'ptc_setvars.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Could not find D:\Work\ptc_setvars.bat
The system cannot find the path specified

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------
I have not any solution in my mind!

RMB = Right Mouse Button

Add the directory bin of your Pro/E installation to your system environment variable PATH.

Regards, DonChunior

DonChunior said:
RMB = Right Mouse Button

Add the directory bin of your Pro/E installation to your system environment variable PATH.

Regards, DonChunior

And How can I do this in windows7?

Thank you very much for you answers!

At least the message regarding to the unrecognized command shouldn't show up any more, right?

Is there any new error message?

The purge.bat should be run from the bin directory. Otherwise you may need to set the environment variable PRO_DIRECTORY.

Open the folder you files are in using windows explorer.

Hold shift down and right mouse click.

Select open command window here.

Type in purge.

This will purge the older files.

MGunsK said:
Open the folder you files are in using windows explorer.

Hold shift down and right mouse click.

Select open command window here.

Type in purge.

This will purge the older files.

Nice tip, too bad my windoze 7 install gives me this error message from explorer.EXE:

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action."

Nice one Mr. Bill.

dr_gallup said:
Nice one Mr. Bill.

Wait 'till you see what they did with Windows 8 .... Thatlooks like amonster unfit for anythingexcept reading e-books...

(sorry for being off-topic)

The problem does not exist anymore.
I changed all purge.bat file like below

--------------------------------------------------------
@echo off

set start_cmd=start ""

"C:\"Proe directory"\i486_nt\obj\purge.exe" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
:ptc_end

echo Done!
pause
exit /B %ERRORLEVEL%
------------------------------------------------------------ ----

and now purge run so good!
Thanks a lot for all the answers. Enjoy

However I doubt the issue you faced is bacuse you were using a 32bit Pro/E on 64 bit OS and by default most of the options do not work if 32 bit s/w is executed on 64 bit OS???

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back