Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Can’t change or delete parameter

EddyVE

Hi all,
I have downloaded a Pro/E part of a manufacturers website.
I want to use a certain dimension of this part in a relation.
In 'relations' I cannot use the dimension in the typical form of 'd12' or something. Instead of 'd12', the parameter name of 'L' is used. This parameter was predefined by the part manufacturer.
So I use 'L' in relations, but it seems that I cannot change the value of parameter L, nor can I delete the parameter, nor can I find out which is the dimension name that is attached to this parameter L.
Allthough parameter L is set to 'full access', I can not delete or change it.
Is there a way around this so I can change this dimension in relations?
I am using WildFire 4.0

Kind regards
Eddy

View attachment 5551

Edited by: EddyVE

Eddy:

I played with your part for a little while to see how it was built. The L parameter is used for naming the length of every protrusion and cut, plus in a relation to locate DTM11. The parameter is also a string. May be an easier way to fix this, but the first thing I did was to redefine the cuts to be "through all" instead of blind, changed the length dimension name of your protrusion back to "d10", found by temporarily adding the dimension to a family table. And the commented out the relation for DTM11. You should now be able to delete the "L" parameter and then create a new one with the same name as a real number instead of a string. Now create a relation for the length of the protrusion equal to L and finally un-comment the DTM11 relation.

Hope I didn't miss anything

Bob

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back