Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Reporting mass or volume in 9.1 BOMreport

smores

OK - how do I get get the mass or volume of a part accessible in Intralink 9.1 so that I can add it to the structure/BOM report? The PRO_MP_PASS parameter always seems a little flaky anyway, but I can at least get it to work in WF. I have not figured out how to connect it to Intralink - and when I tried to add it in the TYPE MANAGER it said I couldn't.

Has anybody done this?

I am also trying to do this and am stuck! I tried using &asm.mbr.pro_mp_mass but the mass is 4 times bigger than the actual mass of the object is wrong (like smores said, Flakey!). Not only is it completely different than the actual measured weight of the part, but it even differs from the Mass Properties analysiswithin theProE component model.

We use an analysis feature in the footer of the component's model tree, so that we can accurately report the Mass on the component dwg, but I can't get this to report in an asm BOM.

Any ideas on how to accurately report the mass in a BOM?

Thank you in advance!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back