Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Model variable reference pattern missing

EddyVE

Hi,

When opening an assembly (WildFire 4.0) I get following error:
"Model for a variable reference pattern (head ID 1816) is missing".

The problem is that I do not know where to look to solve the problem. The message does not say in which part(s) of the assembly the problem is located.
What is a 'head ID'? I know a 'feature ID', is that the same?

Any advice?

Kind regards
Eddy

Problem is one of part or asm is having ref. pattern and part from which reference is taken is missing in session/folder.
go to quick fix>redefine....or quick fix>supress..
That may give some idea..
Even i haven't heard about "head ID" before
smiley5.gif

Sachin,

The 'problem' is that the assembly does not fail to regenerate, so I do not get the menu to choose 'Quick fix / Redefine'.
The error message is only shown in the message area below the screen.

But I suspect that this error is causing Pro/E to crash later on (which is my actual problem).

dross said:
I think a 'Head ID" is the leader of the pattern, the "HEAD" of the pattern.

Yes I think so too. And the ID number mentioned in the error message seems to be the feature ID indeed. Talking about a cryptic error message ...
smiley5.gif

@Loudreis: Good idea. Thanks!

Edited by: EddyVE

@dross
Yes, once I found that this 'head ID' was in fact 'feat ID' I was able to find the culprit by using the Edit / Find function.
Thanks!

Could someone give a suggestion, why I can not find such kind of feature by Head ID? I have the same error, so I go to search, choose search within features, type Head ID as name criteriaError01.JPGError02.JPG

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back