Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Unable to use Excel (2010) to edit famil

Using WF2 M280

We recently updated MS Office to 2010 from 2003.

I used to open a family table and File > Edit with Excel, then Excel would launch but with 2010, Excel is not launching.

Anyone know how to change configuration to use Excel 2010?

Charles

Any joy with this?

My problem is that I can open the table in Excel, but can't find the 'update pro/e' option in Excel to push changes back to Pro/E.

Ah.

A normal 'save' doesn't work for me in WF4/MSO2010.

Any other way to edit a large family table where you want to rename all instances by pattern?

Apart from editing each one individually.

I just tried it in WF4 & Excel 2007. When I exit Excel I get a button asking if I want to update Pro/E with the changes I made. Clicking yes lets Excel exit but Pro/E hangs.

If I do File/Save in Excel & then exit, Pro/E gets updated and does not hang.

Edited by: dr_gallup

Any idea on my original question?
I have both WF2 & WF4 installed on my computer and neither can launch Excel.

We recently updated MS Office to 2010 from 2003.

I used to open a family table and File > Edit with Excel, then Excel would launch but with 2010, Excel is not launching.

Anyone know how to change configuration to use Excel 2010?

You need to change Excel to use Office 1997-2003 default file naming, .doc instead of the newer .docx. Wildifre does not know how to use the .docx formatted files. You may also need to look at replacing the plug-in for excel in your WF2 structure with the one from WF4. WF2 does not support Office 2010 officially.

It could also be that Pro does not know where the executable for Excel is since you just updated Excel the path may be different.

My problem is fixed.
It turns out that Registry was not updated or updated incorrectly.

Many line had \Office11\EXCEL.EXE instead of \Office14\EXCEL.EXE in data. I replaced all with Office14 and now it works.

Thanks,
Charles

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back