Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wish I could go back to Wildfire

"...Need to get with the program"

Whose program? PTC's? Come on man. Im just not a Kool-aid drinker. I don't like being bossed around by software companies. And I never, ever buy into PTC's Hype.

They have a history of building up a program with months of hype, then when it comes out its completely bug ridden and missing funtionality. How did you like Intralink8.0? 9.1 is still somewhat of a farce. Such shoddy interface and behavioirs that I'm embarrassed for them.

I will never trust PTC in what they say about their own product.

I guess the point I was trying to make is we are all in
an industry that is continuously moving forward - and it
isn't going to stop.

For a long time PTC believed their own hype about ProE
and allowed inferior competitors to steal their market -
CREO is concrete evidence that they have at last woken
up.

With regards hype, PTC is rather poor at it, because as
customers we see thru it. Apple is the leader - users
actually believe it .. and SW isnt too far behind - they
sold an awful lot of inferior seats to catch the
competition.

Edited by: moriarty

moriarty said:
I guess the point I was trying to make is we are all in

an industry that is continuously moving forward - and it

isn't going to stop.

For a long time PTC believed their own hype about ProE

and allowed inferior competitors to steal their market -

CREO is concrete evidence that they have at last woken

up.

With regards hype, PTC is rather poor at it, because as

customers we see thru it. Apple is the leader - users

actually believe it .. and SW isnt too far behind - they

sold an awful lot of inferior seats to catch the

competition.

I'm with you there. PTC can't market their way out of a paper bag. Apple sells inferior hardware at inflated prices and their customers LOVE it. SW falls in between.

Okay so my creo crashes more than WF5.0 install. And they seemingly moved and changed navigation in a sorta irritable way...I have talked with a couple companies that have migrated to Creo and are very happy. One company I plan to interview over the holidays creates bottles ... studio111 in Chicago. They send designers for training a couple times per year so it's easy to keep track on them. Does anyone know of another firm that may have migrated already? I understand manufactures always wait but firms have more flexibility.

All the groups in our company are due to make the change from WF4 to Creo in the new year. I'm sure there'll be a lot of mixed opinions but no matter what we'll have to deal with it and learn it!

M020 seems a bit more stable although it has crashed a couple times on me.

Still total sh|t when importing data.

We've been switching over to Creo since August. It has been a fairly rocky process but the end is in sight!The worst part was getting our config options straigntened out.All that remains is importing all our old data into Windchill, a process I am not looking forward to in the slightest.

We've found that in Creo 1.0 Parametric M010 the collapse geometry command (inside independent geometry) doesn't work. Does it work on M020 ?Thank you very much.

design-engine said:
Does anyone know of another firm that may have
migrated already? I understand manufactures always wait but firms have
more flexibility.

If you mean consultancies, I can't see how they could have more
flexibility. We are at the mercy of our clients, period. We use what
they use or else they can't use what we supply. If we make it hard on
them, why would they come back to us? If the client has no CAD preference, sure, but we commit ourselves to determining that preference and using that system.

We have clients now on WF3, WF4 and WF5. To be fair, we haven't had a
project with the one that was still on WF3 for a few months, maybe
they've moved on. The one on WF5 is preparing to move to Creo 1.0 in Q1
2012. They are a large medical equipment manufacturer.

acad said:
We've found that in Creo 1.0 Parametric M010 the collapse geometry command (inside independent geometry) doesn't work. Does it work on M020 ?Thank you very much.
have a look at this screen recording i took a couple of months ago.its now available in "editing" group on home tab.
Collapse.gif

@solidworm

Thank you for your reply. It's all clear now.

The funny part is that I saw your video when you published, but I hadn't noticed how you did the collapse :)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back