Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Animating an assembly

craftsmen

Hi!!

I am curious to know if I can animate an assembly.
Wherein in each consecutive frame a new part is added to the assembly till the last part is added and the assembly is completed.

Thanks in advance.

craftsmen said:
Hi!!

I am curious to know if I can animate an assembly.
Wherein in each consecutive frame a new part is added to the assembly till the last part is added and the assembly is completed.

Thanks in advance.

I think you can play with transparencies to achieve that. I've seen videos with exactly what you are asking for, therefore it's possible.

You can set all the parts "off screen" and then pull them into the frame as needed.

You can either slowly "fly" them in from off screen or if you want them to just appear you can do the following:

1. Set the parts "off screen"

2. Set a key frame

3. Move to the next frame, pull the part you want from off screen and into postion. Set another key frame. This will have the illusion of the part appearing instead of flying in from off screen.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think you can use styles from the assembly in the animation (Styles defined within the view manager). I think there's a Style@Time option in the animation tools. Theoretically, you could create several styles blanking components as desired.

I like the "fly" idea, especially for showing how some parts are put together, like screws - better than offset lines. I usually use animation just for showing how mechanismsare supposed to work.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back