Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bend Notations

proewannabe

I've looked to see if there was some information on this and couldn't find anything posted on the forums. Hopefully a veteran in ProEcan assist me here.

I'm working with a sheetmetal part and am currently detailing the drawing. I've used the show/erase command to use parametric bend up/down notations. Our company always uses bend down notations because when we use stainless steel, we always want the "shiny" side of the metal to be towards the outside.

My question is if a part is designed so that the bend is up instead of down, is there a way to change the notation to keep it parametric? Currently I have a symetrical part that hasthe bend notationsymbol as "up". I need this notationsymbol to read "down" and yet remain parametric. I know how to change the text manually, but that's not what I want to do. Any suggestions/advice?

could you plz share your exact stuff so that I can figureout.But as far as config.pro/dtl/sup is concern there is no option but I can suggest some other way if you could share the stuff.

The bend up or down is only to represent direction based on how it is displayed on the drawing. If you want it the opposite direction, flip the part over on the drawing.

Config

You could try manipulatiing your config to give you what you need. we did not like the symbol and opted to use words instead; which ours represent.

smt_bend_notes_order &type&direction&angle
smt_bend_notes_direction_up UP_
smt_bend_notes_direction_down DOWN_
smt_bend_notes_type_formed BEND_
smt_bend_notes_type_rolled ROLL_
smt_bend_notes_dflt_display yes

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back