Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Admins

design-engine

Whom ever has Access to close threads don't forget to ban those users too. And you can delete the thread instead of just closing the thread.

I follow the forum using RSS, for some reason the spamming looks more prominent in that format. Is there any way a slight delay could be put on that feed in order to weed out the trolls?

Bart, I have been deleted spam and blocking IP's almost everyday. Some of these spammers must be using some kind of proxy, because I can block their IP and they are back the next day.

IP banning is not going to be very effective. CATPCHAs (enter the word from the image) are, but they are annoying for regular users. A good system would be to make a new user use a CAPTCHA for their first XX posts, maybe 5 or 10. Then, once they've proven themselves, no more CAPTCHA.

Another forum I visit won't allow you to post links until you've posted 5 times, which doesn't stop the SPAM but neuters it.

coming soon. mods will be able to delete a user which will delete all threads and posts from said user. Proxies & bots are getting out of hand again.

If the spammers are using a proxy, you could force a CAPTCHA on IP change. When someone registers, they can post fine and their IP is recorded. Next time they login, you could check the IP and if it has changed, make them go through a CAPTCHA in order to post again. This way, most normal users never see a CAPTCHA. I don't know how many people have dynamic IPs, but I imagine most people only access this forum from eitherhome or work, but not both.

You could also set up an approval group. Maybe 50 or so of your trusted users. Then, in order for someone to register, they'd need to write a paragraph about themselves andbe approved by a member of this group.

Just some ideas.

on the point of home and work, I'm about half and half and hope there will be no inconvenience.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back