Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

color in assembly

s_pme20

I have asm-A,in which one subassembly-B is there.
I have changed color of asm-B in asm-A.
Now I want original color of asm-B to appear in asm-A.
But I can not get it back
smiley19.gif

Also, How can I change color of part inside asm-B from asm-A?
Please help

in assyA, appearance editor, part, select part [assyB in this case and clear. About the opposite to what you did to get the colour in the first place.

if you want to make some parts transparent then appearance manager/ style will give you what you want

sorry kenppy, but i didnt find that option...
if you talking about view--> color and appearance-->advanced-->transparency..then it is not allowing me to change transparency of parts in subassembly...

s_pme20 said:
problem is i dont want to change subassembly..to avoid unnecessary revision

You're going to have to if you want to keep the colors you apply. Colors applied to partsat theassembly level overide the part colors and colors applied to a subassembly at the assembly level override colors applied to parts at the subassembly level.

@kdem: i dont know why but its different for me...I change color of part in asm and save it.
-When I open assembly it shows color of part I applied in that asm.
-When I open part individually, It shows original color of part.
Means I do not need to revise part, if I want to show differently in asm.

@kenppy: I haven't used that option before...Thanks.

It's working the same you're misinterpreting what I mean. You wrote that you created a part and applied an appearance at the part level, added the part to an assembly B and then added an appearance to the part at the assembly level. You added assembly B to assembly A and added an appearance to assembly B. You also added the part to assembly A. You want to change the appearance ofthe part in assembly B at the assembly A level. You can't do that because the part isn't a component of assembly A it's a component of assembly B. However, even if you change the appearnce of the part in assembly B it won't show unless you open assembly B in a seperate window or clearthe appearance applied to assembly B at the assembly A level.

yes you are right...we can not change apperance of parts inside subassembly (I mean in second level part)..
thanx

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back