Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Saving issue, down level items locked

robzillapop

Back in intralink days when saving an upper level assembly. If i have lower level items such as parts or family tables that want to regen and save with my saving of the top level assembly, all i had to do was set them to read only in intralink and the the top level would have no problem saving without saving any of the down levels that i had set to read only.

With Windchill, When ever i set lower level items to Lock or Read Only, My top level assembly that i am trying to save will not save. The only thing i can think to do is to let everything save( down levels that regen, instances and what not), then go update the down level items before i can check in my top level.

Does anyone know how to solve this? To allow a top level to save changes without saving any lower level items or when lower level items are set to lock/read only?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back