Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Product view and Intralink question

ERamsey

We have started to use Product View 9.1 within our Intralink 3.4 database. I have (from an admin side)it linked to view the Pro-E files within a workspace.

So far it view Part and Drawing files without any issues. Although with Assembly files (.asm) it does random things. Either not displaying all the parts, none of the parts, not the correct assembly structure....?

I'm trying to figure out if this is how it acts (buggy) or do I have something setup incorrectly in the Admin settings? Or is not meant to view the .asm, .prt, .drw files this way? I know if I export the .asm file to a Product View format, the file comes up correctly. Although I wanted to skip the whole export, open it up step. This is mainly to help people view the files that do not use Pro-E.

Any help or direction is appreciated.

We also tryed that in the past. But we had to close the
project. Productview look at the orginal ProE filenames
(in .proi folder) Productview does not know if a object
have been renames, and will not be able to find the file.
That are why some files are missing in the assemble. If
you export to local disk Intralink will rename the
exported files and it will work.
We stop the project for that reason.

Correct, I also noticed the same thing.

I didn't know if there was some sort of coding that I was missing to make it look at the current version of the file within Intralink? It just seemed odd to me that the .prt and .drw came up fine, but the .asm was not.

for some strange reasone Intralink does not rename the
original ProE files, but only information in Oracle
database.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back