Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sending NC program to the CNC

Tesla77

How do you send a NC program after you Post Process the CL file? Does Pro_NC come with a communication program? I used to use Mastercam and they used Cimco it was a part of MasterCam.

What does ProE have?

Thank you

Tesla77

Hi Tesla,
I don;t think pro-e has a built in communications module. We use Predator with a wireless setupo now. It previously was hard wired. If you're a smaller shop, I would look at a lap top with some inexpensive communicaton software via the 9-pin serial port on the laptop to the rs2323 port on the machine.
Did you ever get the letter "T" resolved when engraving?

Jay.

Hi Tesla,
Pro-E does not come with the communication module.
You have to use communication module that comes with the
machine. Generate machine specified (post-processed) file
and load through the communication module.
smiley1.gif

Tesla,

We have 4 cnc machines 3 of which are connected to our network for program communication. The oldest has just rs232 ports so we use PredatorDNC softwareto send programs to it. I think there are some free dnc programs on the internet that will work for sending programs to your machine.

It looks like we will need to purchase Predator DNC being that seems to be what most are using today.

Thank you

You can use procomm plus

Here is a Host setup for a Fanuc control using RS232:
CURRENT SETTINGS FOR PROCOM PLUS
MORI SEIKI SH-40
FANUC SERIES 18M CONTROLLER
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
TERMINAL EMULATION: ANSI BBS
PROTOCOL: ASCII
DATA OPTION: <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">NORMAL</st1:place></st1:City>
SCRIPT: NONE
CAPTURE: NONE

BAUD RATE: 19200
PARITY: EVEN
DATA BITS: 7
STOP BITS: 2
COM: ACTIVE COM PORT

NO HARDWARE FLOW CONTROL
NO SOFTWARE FLOW CONTROL
NO DROP DTR TO HANG UP

Client settings will need to be set correctly as well.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back