Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Part Colour.

Rasorr

Hello,
The drawn 3D models looks white instead of grey and I can't see properly the shape of models. I also tried to change the colour of it but not worked.
Please help me.
Thanks

The 3d Parts looks white Instead of Grey colour I can't see Corners and grooves well
smiley18.gif
Light postion might be helpful, I will try, Thanks
smiley1.gif

Have you tried to "delete all colors" from the model and add a new one. Maybe the color you're using has too much "highlight" defined on it. Check it's properties.

I changed the light positions Doesn't work

@bari i will try changing the model color frm model properties. But if i choose 'new' part still the color is whit

Go to: View/Display/System Colors/Scheme and choose a different background ...

Also try rotating the front of your model to the right side.

Display edges. It is a config.pro option. Shade with edges
or something like that. You can also set it from View -->
Model Display.... and then set the shade edges in the
dialog menu.

I use the config.pro option that Srini spoke of: showing the edges. I also modify colors to be as flat (non-reflective) as possible. Often, the reflection can cause blending of more than one surface, eliminating the depth of the image.

It would be quite useful to be able to set the color of edges to black, as isthe defaultin several other CAD packages. Several users here have tried to figure out how to do this, without success.

Goodluck with that. I think not being able to set edges to black, is a huge difference of seeing and not seeing clearly. I thinkyou can see transitions more clearly with black edges.
Edited by: Ledawg

It it possible to set the edge colour to black. It isn't quick, but it can be done. Change part colour to black and then change all surfaces to your desired colour.

I prefer having the edges the same colour shade as the part. Many times I curse at SW when I want to measure something in an assembly. The measurement requires the assy to be displayed in wireframe and all edges are black instead of the actual part colour. It's almost impossible to distinguish one part from another.

Settting the color of edges i done but no any effect.

Now, I attatched the screenshot of my proe screen. see how model is loook comepletely white
smiley18.gif
instead of Grey which comes by default. But In pro e it is looking white from when i installed, I tried changing all option to default and also tried to change colors but no any effect.
Now this screenshot displays what prolblem is actually? Please Help.
Have a Nice Day. THANKS FOR ALL UR's VALUABLE RESPONSE.

View attachment 4957

I use the 'system_edge_high_color' option set at '50_50_50", black.

But it only seems to work when I section the model.

Gary

I doesn't Installed any Graphics card on my old machine which is Pentium IV
smiley5.gif

and the RAM is only 1.21GB.

Make sure you have GRAPHICS win32_gdi set although Pro/E is probably defaulting to this anyway. With just the integrated mother board graphics you probably don't have enough memory & colors available to view shaded display.

I have been using neuronex's suggestion for a few years now, with a very dark (almost black) background: it's still nowhere near as good as black edges on a light background, but it's a big improvement over the default. The default background color is just about the worst possible color, so just about any other color will be an improvement.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back