Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Undoing a frame

SrGilberto

Hi and thanks, In intralink we used to be able to "undo" a workspaceframe. We now use Windchill. How do you undo a workspace frame in Windchill or can you?

Thanks again, Gil
Edited by: SrGilberto

Hi, Does anyone know of a way to undo a frame in Windchill similar to the way weused todo it in Intralink?

Thanks, Gil, TX

You must use ProE WF 4.0 or higher and PDMlink 9.1.

Set preferences in PDMLink under Windchill Workgroup Manager - Client - Workspace Frame Stack Size to the number of frames you want recorded.

From ProE open Event Manager and you will see all the recorded frames and you can click on the one that you want to go back to.
Read the documentation as well as there are exceptions on what is recorded in Workspace Frames.

Yes! I mentioned this to our Windchill IT guy and he went into Windchill Workgroup manager and set the frame stack to 5. Then after doing that, we have an additional icon onSOME of the lines listed in event manager. I assume that means that you can only go back (undo) to certain frame configurations (again, not all of the lines have the new icon). The icon looks like two pieces of paper with text on them, one stacked on top of the other. I've not tried it yet, but the hinttext popsup and says "apply this event" which I assume means "go back to this and make this the latest event" effectively undoing anything that came after that. I hope I'm understanding this correctly.

Thanks, Gil, TX

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back